Latest Articles

Vimya 0.5 Released

I just uploaded Vimya version 0.5 to, it is also available in the Git repository.

Most of the code has been rewritten, there are a few new functions, new options and I added some Ex commands. The changes include:

  • Rewrite of most of the plugin’s code and most of the documentation.
  • Some new options:
    • g:vimyaSocket
    • g:vimyaTimeout
    • g:vimyaForceRefresh
    • g:vimyaRefreshWait
    • g:vimyaSplitBelow
  • Added support for Unix domain sockets.
  • Renamed sendBufferToMaya() to vimyaRun() (the former is still available for backwards compatibility).
  • Some new public (Python) functions:
    • vimyaSend()
    • vimyaOpenLog()
    • vimyaRefreshLog()
    • vimyaResetLog()
  • Added docstrings to all Python functions.
  • Added some Ex commands:
    • :VimyaRun
    • :VimyaBuffer
    • :VimyaSend
    • :VimyaCommand
  • Fixed some issues that could probably cause the log features not to work properly for certain file names.
  • Changed version number to 0.5.
  • Thanks to Talha Ahmed for suggestions and testing.

Vimya’s behaviour should be exactly the same as for the previous version (except for the fixed file name issue), so you should not notice any difference if you just update and don’t change any of the new options. If you do notice any difference, or any bugs, issues with the documentation etc., please notify me at, or use the bug tracker.

Update: Please use the repository at Gitlab from now on.

Task Board Released

Task Board is a rewrite of an application I wrote a few years ago. While the old version used only jQuery, manually manipulating the DOM as required, the new version uses the Knockout library.

It seems to work fine in Chrome/Chromium. There are a few minor problems with Firefox and Opera 12, but who cares about these anymore…

Follow the Task Board link for a live version. There is also a Git repository and a bug tracker (both hosted at Bitbucket).

Update: Please use the repository at Gitlab from now on.

Formatter Caching In Newcomen

A new release of Newcomen is available. It introduces a mechanism to cache the results of formatter backends, improving the performance, as promised.

Formatters were applied to every content item before. Different content items made from the same source items would cause the formatter to run once for every item, even though the output would be the same for the same input. The new release fixes this and caches the results, to be reused if some content appears on another page. It shouldn’t cause any problems, but if it does, it can be disabled.

Read the full article…

Newcomen Released

The first public release of Newcomen, a static blog/website/content generator written in Perl, is now available.

It is more or less a beta release. All essential features are implemented and working (as far as I know), and I don’t think there will be a lot of incompatible changes in future releases. The next release(s) will focus on improving the performance, which — at the moment — sucks.

Check out this great example of a blog generated by Newcomen. ☺